What is Yoga?
Yoga is an exercise routine that blesses its practitioner with many yoga benefits; ranging from stress relief, DNA reprogramming to improved digestion and weight loss. The best part is that it doesn’t end there. It is now common knowledge that yoga improves sexual health.
So, if you are hoping to have the perfect sex life, it can be achieved through regular sessions of yoga exercises.
Increased stress levels have a lot of negative effects on the human body. One of which is decreased libido. Yoga improves overall sexual health because it reduces your stress levels. Regular sessions of yoga enable one to be in tune with his or her body psychomotor. It enables you to control your body and your mind better.
A certain survey was carried out on a group of women who recently started having yoga classes. It was discovered that these women began to have a better sex life with their partners. There is indeed a nexus between yoga and good sexual health.
In this article, you will get to know the benefits of yoga for your sexual health as well as the different yoga poses that improve your sex life.
Sexual Benefits of Yoga
The following are the major blessings yoga can gift your sex life;
1) Boosts Spinal Health
Stiffness in the bedroom can be a positive thing, but not when it’s your back that’s stiff. Tense muscles and poor spinal health can greatly affect sexual performance but the good news is that yoga can deal with this by easing tension in the back muscles and helping to restore the natural curvature of the spine.
2) Improves Strength
We all know that some muscular strength is essential for a good sex life and nothing comes close like a regular Ashtanga or Vinyasa practice to strengthen the upper part of your body and prevent the wobbling of your arms.
3) Boosts Self Esteem and Body Image
Yoga helps to keep the body strong, toned and healthy. With yoga, you can achieve your weight and body shape goals (which women really take seriously), particularly the more dynamic styles of yoga. This achievement automatically gives you a stronger body image and increased self-confidence – both of which can result in an increased libido.
4) Mastery of Emotions
Yoga teaches us to let go of toxic emotions such as anger, frustration and jealousy and welcome positive emotions. This can be a big boost in our romantic endeavours. If you’re pissed off with your partner, you’re likely not eager to jump into bed with them. Yoga and meditation help us to process our emotions better which can help us feel lighter, happier and more inclined towards playtime.
Stiff and rigid body parts can also be an obstacle for good sex. Yoga postures can help to increase the flexibility of many major muscle groups, which can result in a greater range of movement between the sheets. Also, some of the postures actually help to lubricate the joints.
The Different Yoga Poses and their Sexual Benefits
Some of the yoga routines that are widely known to improve sexual functions in women include;
- Roll over onto your hands and knees, maintaining your breath.
- As you breathe out, lower your stomach, lift your gaze and push your tailbone up.
- As you breathe in, push your shoulder blades upwards and curl your tailbone under.
- Repeat posture for 5-10 breaths with your eyes closed (if you prefer executing the posture that way).
– This movement eases any tension and improves flexibility of the neck, shoulders and spine.
– Constriction and releasing of the pelvic floor muscles provides subtle toning.
2) Easy Pose
- Sit with your legs crossed, with pillows placed beneath your knees for support.
- Think about an intent for your practice, such as the emotion you want to feel.
- Close your eyes if you prefer to do so.
- Breathe in, let the belly expand and slightly push your pelvis forward.
- Breathe out, draw the belly button in and slightly push the pelvis backwards.
- Repeat the procedure for 5-10 breaths.
– It concentrates awareness on your hips and pelvis as it increases blood flow to this area
– It helps you to find your natural rhythm and a deeper connection to self. Once you’re in sync with your own flow of energy, you may find it easier to share it with another.
3) Reclining Angle Bound Pose
- Let your knees fall out to the side and join the soles of your feet together. You can place pillows below your knees for comfort.
- For extra effect, you can place a bolster along the length of your spine from your sacrum to your shoulder blades.
- Let your arms drop beside you or put them above your head.
- Maintain this for as long as you want
– Gives a pleasant sensation in your hips and groin.
4) Downward Dog
- Push downwards into your hands while you lift your hips skywards
- Bend your knees slightly to increase spinal extension and improve vertebrae spacing
- Really push your butt up as you look towards your navel.
- Press your chest towards your thighs and relish in the opening you can feel
- Take 5-10 breaths for this pose.
– Downward dog helps to lower tension and anxiety
– It strengthensns the upper body and deepens breathing.
– It also improves full body circulation, which subsequently promotes blood flow to the pelvic area.
5) Wide-Legged Seated Forward Fold
- Move your hands backwards till you reach your feet and gently bring your butt down to the floor.
- Once down, stretch your legs out wide and flex your feet.
- If your legs are straight, work your thigh muscles or bend the knees gently to ease strain.
- For a bit of comfort in the execution of this pose, you can use a folded blanket placed beneath you.
- Press your thighbones onto the floor and ensure your knees are facing upwards as you fold forward, leading with your heart.
- You can place a bolster or pillow in front of you for support. The objective is to stretch, not strain. A bit of comfort is needed.
- Maintain this pose for 5-10 breaths.
– This posture really helps in blood circulation in the lower body and eases tension in the groin area
– It stimulates the abdominal organs and digestive system.
– It reprograms the nervous system, which helps to preserve hormonal balance.
Generally, yoga has, more than a life time proven to support and enhance blood circulation around the pelvic region. This singular reaction stimulates libido and boost your experiences, giving way to a fully satisfied sex life.